Webseite Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
The Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering researches the fundamental structural and tribological behavior of machine elements and depicts them in experimentally validated model descriptions. These model descriptions are used to analyze and design the function, loss and noise behavior of entire technical systems with a focus on the drive technology for wind turbines and mobile work machines. The results are computational and design concepts for specific technical solutions, including providing evidence of the required system properties on large test beds. Numerous experiences with such model-based solution ideas through to the conception of configurable products enable the MSE to research and develop methods for model-based systems engineering as a central element of future industrial product development processes.
An increasingly digital world requires increasingly digital methods for product development. As part of your work, you will develop a system model of laser-based plastic-metal hybrids by linking the various simulation models (e.g. Matlab, Python, FEM). Using the system model, you will perform a sensitivity analysis to identify the main influencing parameters. Then you apply a suitable optimization strategy and develop optimized concepts in terms of strength, costs and production time. Your approach will enable to automate the design of this promising technology in the future.
- Research on product development using model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Development of a system model for laser-based plastic-metal hybrids by linking the simulation models
- Perform a sensitivity analysis
- Testing of optimization algorithms (e.g. genetic optimization)
- Interest in model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and optimization methods for multi-domain systems
- Basic knowledge of MBSE and SysML are an advantage, but not mandatory
- Reliable way of working
- Relevant topic in current research
- Suitable for home-office
- Start immediately or by request
We look forward to your application by email:
Julius Berges, M. Sc.
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Eilfschornsteinstraße 18, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com