Webseite Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
The Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering researches the fundamental structural and tribological behavior of machine elements and represents it in experimentally validated model descriptions. These models are used to organize and analyze the behavior of technical systems in terms of functionality, losses, and noise emissions with a focus on drive technology. The developed models also serve as basis for the research and development of methods of Model Based Systems Engineering which are central elements of future industrial product development processes.
For reas ons such as enviromental protection arise beside of classic petroleum bas ed lubricators increasingly bio based lubric ants . The new generation of lubricants need to be qualified in usage of machine elements and their behaviour needs to be predicted well.
This research project aims to model an accurate and efficient representation of bio based lubricants in usual usages in mechanical elements in Open FOAM package.
- Research on different material models of different lubricants
- Implementing the material model in Open FOAM
- Running the contact simulation
- Evaluation of results and validate with the Tribometer of MSE
- Independent and reliable work
- Interest in topic
- Programming experience is good to have, but not required
- Possibility to start immediately after interview
- Intensive mentoring
- Good and supportive working climate
- Res earch experience for a future career in academics or industry
We look forward to your application by email:
Seyedmohammad Vafaei, M. Sc.
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Schinkelstraße 10, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an Seyedmohammad.Vafaei@imse.rwth-aachen.de