Webseite Institut für Maschinenelemente und Systementwicklung
The Institute of Machine Elements and System Development researches the fundamental structural and tribological behavior of machine elements and maps this into experimentally validated model descriptions. These model descriptions are used to analyze and design the functional, loss and noise behavior of entire technical systems with a focus on drive technology. The developed models also serve to research and develop methods of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as a central element of future industrial product development processes.
However, the application of MBSE in real world has still lots of challenges for system engineers. One of the major challenges is to develop a general framework for systematic organization of data to support the system testing in system development process.
The task of the student work is to establish an iterative workflow to sequence the design, simulation and testing process for wind turbine mechanical components in the system modeling language (SysML) model. Therefore, the data consistency between the multi-domain models and a sequential testing process based on analysis purposes and model fidelities need to be considered. Subsequently, an agile design process should be supported by the feedback and optimization analysis activities from the system model.
- Literature research on the systems engineering
- Development of validation workflows by sequencing simulation models of wind turbine systems
- Setting up a high-level workflow to organize the redesign and optimization process
- Evaluation of the workflow in SysML models
- Independent and reliable work
- Interest in system modeling and product development
- High learning ability in new things
- Previous knowledge of system engineering is good to have
- Intensive supervision
- Immediate start or by appointment
- Possibility to work from home (VPN connection to the institute)
- Promising topic and experience for a future career
We look forward to your application by email:
Yizhe Zhang, M. Sc. RWTH
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Eilfschornsteinstraße 18, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org