Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
In recent years, projects related to artificial intelligence (AI) have focused on achieving high accuracies of machine learning (ML) algorithms. However, our industry partners only generate added value when results of ML models support shop floor employees through visualizations and explanations. For this reason, software development is becoming more relevant in AI projects and software systems are increasingly being deployed. Thus, the goal of this work is to standardize software applications for different AI- as well as production applications.
What you will do
- Familiarization with the state of the art for software development
- Selection and implementation of frameworks for front-end and back-end developments
- Standardization of processes and tools across various AI projects in different domains such as rocket production to stem cell research
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering or a comparable subject
- Initial experience in the field of software development is an advantage
- A high degree of initiative and team spirit
- Very good language skills in German and English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Pioneering role in the standardized development of AI-related software development projects in production
- An excellent equipment of machines and devices
- Collaboration in an industry-oriented research project and in a dedicated team
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Maik Frye M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Phone: +49 241 8904-538
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.