Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
A key function of worker assistance systems is the user-friendly provision of relevant technical information on the shopfloor. For this purpose, the information must be prepared according to the individual requirements of the use case (e.g., remote maintenance) and the respective target device (e.g., tablets). However, the underlying information is usually stored in the form of rigid documents (e.g., work instruction in Word files). The goal of this thesis is to develop a smart service that resolves that media gap. The service should be able to recognize patterns in rigid documents, extract information and transfer it into a suitable format for worker assistance systems.
What you will do
- Research the state of the art in the areas of smart services and information extraction
- Design and implementation of the smart service (e.g., as a web demonstrator)
- Validation based on an industry-related research project and in cooperation with a leading provider of worker assistance systems
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering or a comparable subject
- A high degree of initiative and team spirit
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Maximilian Motz M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Phone: +49 241 8904-449
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte s.fhg.de.