Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
Hydrogen fuel cells are a promising green energy source, e.g. in the mobility sector to realize carbon zero. To fulfill exponentially growing demands and achieve production cost reduction, the Fraunhofer IPT is researching high-volume production of bipolar plates (BPPs), which are a crucial component of fuel cells. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated student to carry out research as part of a master’s thesis.
What you will do
- Literature research and state-of-the-art review
- Numerical modeling and simulation of tool wear in thin sheet forming process
- Validation of simulation with experimental results
- Analysis and evaluation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, production engineering, computer engineering science (CES) or a comparable subject
- Experience in FEM simulation is required
- Knowledge in sheet metal forming and programming skills (MATLAB or Python) are advantageous
- A high degree of initiative, independence and motivation
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Sangwook Lee M.Sc.
Research assistant Fiber-reinforced plastics and laser systems technology
Phone: +49 241 8904-581
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.