Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
The digitalization and networking of production systems offer enormous growth potential and are gaining importance. In order to exploit this potential, systematic procedures for processes evaluation – e.g. with value stream mapping – are now standard. Due to the transformation to Industry 4.0, modern technologies, such as artificial intelligence or IIoT, are increasingly being used, which enable further process optimization. However, these technologies lead to increasing networking within an automation system and place high demands on the underlying IT infrastructure. In order to evaluate the IT infrastructure and, in a next step, to adapt it to the individual needs of manufacturing companies, a systematic assessment method of the IT infrastructure is required. Therefore, this thesis aims to develop such a methodical concept and validate it in cooperation with industrial companies. In addition, you will gain valuable insights into the challenges of networked production and have the opportunity to accompany companies in their digital transformation.
What you will do
- Literature research on existing methods and procedures Development of a methodical procedure for the inclusion of IT infrastructures in automation networks
- Support in setting up an automation system to validate the method
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or a comparable subject
- A high degree of initiative, motivation, and team spirit
- Good language skills in German and/or English
What you can expect
- Professional supervision and technical support in the preparation of your thesis
- Scientific development of a practice-relevant, highly topical, and exciting subject
- Targeted and fast processing of topics
- Participation in innovative research and development projects with renowned industrial partners
- A state-of-the-art machine park, equipped with edge cloud systems and a 5G infrastructure
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Alexander Kreppein M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Phone: +49 241 8904-289
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.