Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
Today, direct energy and material losses in manufacturing processes, as well as indirect environmental and social impacts, are often accepted as a necessary evil of high-quality production. Material processing procedures in particular are resource-intensive and must be reconsidered in terms of sustainability. The digitalization of production plants enables a precise analysis of sustainability-relevant process data.
The goal of this thesis is to achieve sustainability-optimized production planning, optimization and »process-cycle assessment« based on a model for the sustainability classification of production processes.
What you will do
- Literature and research background on topic
- Analysis of actual industrial process system regarding sustainability
- Develop and apply sustainability classification method in real life use case
- Evaluate, document and present results for the expert team
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, sustainable energy supply, CES or a comparable subject
- Interest in sustainability and previous knowledge on its pillars
- Interest in manufacturing processes data modelling
- Independent, goal-oriented and scientific working method
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park and available resources for the project
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Gustavo Laydner de Melo Rosa, Eng.
Research assistant production quality
Phone: +49 241 8904-256
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.