Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
The Fraunhofer IPT uses machine learning (ML) models that can predict the quality of the products during manufacturing. This requires the development of an optimization module that determines the optimal process parameters of the machines and equipment. In this thesis, metaheuristics for parameter optimization are to be benchmarked and implemented on a production use case.
- Familiarization with the state of the art of metaheuristics for parameter optimization
- Analysis of existing concepts and methods for process optimization in production
- Implementation and benchmarking of metaheuristics
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
- You are studying mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering or a comparable subject
- Initial experience with optimization methods is an advantage
- A high degree of initiative and team spirit
- Very good language skills in English
What we offer
- Professional supervision and technical support in the preparation of your thesis
- Scientific development of a practice-relevant, highly topical, and exciting subject
- Pioneering role in the AI-based optimization in production
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Collaboration in a dedicated team of engineers, data scientists and software developers
- Available data basis and models
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Hendrik Mende M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Phone: +49 241 8904 -386
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte s.fhg.de.