Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
High-precision glass optics are used for a wide range of applications – from classic camera lenses to lighting solutions and sensor optics. An efficient and flexible manufacturing technology for glass optics is the so-called precision glass molding. Your tasks concern the conception, development and production planning of tool systems for precision glass molding as well as the support of the subsequent process development on commercial equipment.
What you will do
- Familiarization with the subject of replicative manufacturing of precision optics made of glass
- Conceptual design of technical solutions for mold systems for industrially relevant applications
- Detailed, standard-compliant design and production planning of mold systems using commercially available CAD software (Autodesk Inventor, Siemens NX)
- Commissioning and validation of the system on industrial equipment
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, production engineering or comparable subject
- You have good CAD skills
- Your strengths include very good analytical and conceptual skills as well as a strong team orientation and communication skills
- Very good language skills in English, both written and spoken
What you can expect
- Collaboration in innovative research projects and the chance to implement your knowledge from your studies in practice
- You become part of the team from the very beginning, can contribute your ideas and take on tasks on your own responsibility
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine studies and job in the best possible way
- The opportunity to write your practice-oriented thesis with us
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Robert Michels M.Sc.
Research assistant Fine machining and optics
Phone: +49 241 8904-373
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.