Webseite Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
The Fraunhofer IPT is conducting fundamental research in the field of sheet metal forming and laser heating processes. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated student to carry out research on numerical simulation and experiment of different processes.
What you will do
- Numerical modeling and simulation (e.g. sheet metal forming processes using ABAQUS)
- Analysis and visualization of output data
- Experiment and measurement of the results
- Documentation of research findings
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, simulation sciences or a comparable subject
- Experience with FEM simulation using ABAQUS is required
- Programming skills in PYTHON or MATLAB is advantageous
- A high degree of motivation, independence and team spirit
- Good language skills in German and/or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Sangwook Lee M.Sc.
Research assistant Fiber-reinforced plastics and laser systems technology
Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
Steinbachstraße 17, 52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 8904-581
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.