Webseite Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
At the Fraunhofer IPT in Aachen, we work with more than 530 employees every day to make the production of the future more digital, more flexible and more sustainable. In the group Integrated Production Machinery, we specialize in meticulous optimization of technologies involved in the fabrication of components for energy storage and energy conversion systems. With a keen focus on industrial applications, our expertise is concentrated on the innovative fields of hydrogen technologies and fuel cell production. Hydrogen fuel cells are a promising green energy source e.g., in the mobility sector to realize carbon zero. To fulfill exponentially growing demands and achieve production cost reduction, the Fraunhofer IPT researches high-volume production of Bipolar plates (BPPs), which are a crucial component of fuel cells. We are looking for a dedicated and motivated student to carry out research as part of a master’s thesis.
What you will do
- Literature and state-of-the-art review
- Numerical modelling and simulation of tool wear in high-volume sheet metal forming process
- Validation of simulation with experimental results
- Analysis and evaluation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, production engineering, CES or a comparable subject
- Experience in FEM Simulation is required
- Knowledge in sheet metal forming and programming skills (Python and Fortran) are advantageous
- A high degree of initiative, independence, and motivation
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Sangwook Lee M.Sc.
Research assistant, Integrated Production Machinery
Phone: +49 241 8904-581
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.