Webseite Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
At the Fraunhofer IPT in Aachen, we work with more than 530 employees every day to make the production of the future more digital, more flexible and more sustainable. In the group »Optics«, we deal with the replicative manufacturing of high-end glass optics or components based on precision glass molding process.
Within the scope of your thesis, you will investigate the thermodynamical relationship inside the machine by building a Simulink model in the MIMO (Multi-Input Multi-Output) level. The goal is using the controlling modeling to analytically figure out the transfer function of a nonlinear system. Furthermore, the obtained analytical controlling model needs to be integrated into the in-house developed FEM simulation model, so the whole machine will be digitalized.
What you will do
- Literature review of the state-of-the-art for modeling on the thermodynamics
- Deriving requirements and selecting and implementing suitable approaches
- Advanced modeling from in-house developed SISO (Single Input Single Output) level to MIMO level
- Theoretical and practical combined work
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, simulation science, automation or a comparable subject
- Experience in Simulink modeling is required and any experience with Fortran and ABAQUS is advantageous
- A high degree of initiative, independence and motivation
- Very good speaking and writing in English is required
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and thesis in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Cheng Jiang M.Sc.
Research assistant »Fine-Machining and Optics«
Phone: +49 241 8904-370
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.