Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 75 institutes and research
institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around
29,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.8 billion euros.
The shortage of skilled workers, the high individualization degree of products and increasing dynamic
influences (e.g. delivery shortages) place high demands on the agility of manufacturing companies. In
particular, manufacturing companies are forced to deploy employees for a wide range of tasks and
realize short-term rescheduling. The goal of this thesis is the development of a planning model for
adaptive, competence-based workforce scheduling. Based on the individual competence profile of
employees, the model is to perform a competence-based allocation of employees to production tasks. In
addition, the model should assign necessary training material (e.g. work instructions) to employees in
order to efficiently close competence deficits.
What you will do
- Research of the state of the art in the areas of optimization models and workforce scheduling
- Design and implementation of the planning model
- Validation based on an industry-related research project
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering or a comparable subject
- A high degree of initiative and team spirit
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Notice: You can write your project work or thesis with us immediately and in direct cooperation with
the Chair of Metrology and Quality Management. According to the guidelines of the RWTH Aachen
University, the internship is preferably to be completed at a manufacturing company and can only take
place with us in exceptional cases.
Interested? Apply online now with your informative application documents:
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Maximilian Motz M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
Steinbachstraße 17, 52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 8904-449
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte s.fhg.de.