Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer IPT uses machine learning (ML) models that can predict the quality of the products
during manufacturing. This requires the development of an optimization module that determines the
optimal process parameters of the machines and equipment. In this thesis, metaheuristics for parameter
optimization are to be benchmarked and implemented on a production use case.
- Familiarization with the state of the art of metaheuristics for parameter optimization
- Analysis of existing concepts and methods for process optimization in production
- Implementation and benchmarking of metaheuristics
- Evaluation and documentation of the results
- You are studying mechanical engineering, computer science, industrial engineering or a comparable subject
- Initial experience with optimization methods is an advantage
- A high degree of initiative and team spirit
- Very good language skills in English
What we offer
- Professional supervision and technical support in the preparation of your thesis
- Scientific development of a practice-relevant, highly topical, and exciting subject
- Pioneering role in the AI-based optimization in production
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Collaboration in a dedicated team of engineers, data scientists and software developers
- Available data basis and models
Notice: You can write your project work or thesis with us immediately and in direct cooperation with
the Chair of Metrology and Quality Management. According to the guidelines of the RWTH Aachen
University, the internship is preferably to be completed at a manufacturing company and can only take
place with us in exceptional cases.
Interested? Apply online now with your informative application documents:
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Hendrik Mende M.Sc.
Research assistant production quality
Fraunhofer Institute for Production Technology IPT
Steinbachstraße 17, 52074 Aachen
Phone: +49 241 8904 -386
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte s.fhg.de.