Webseite Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
At the Fraunhofer IPT in Aachen, we work with more than 530 employees every day to make the production of the future more digital, more flexible and more sustainable. In the group „Integrated Production Machinery“, we specialize in meticulous optimization of technologies involved in the fabrication of components for energy storage and energy conversion systems. With a keen focus on industrial applications, our expertise is concentrated on the innovative fields of hydrogen technologies and fuel cell production.
As part of this thesis, you will investigate the limitations of current sheet metal forming processes and work on innovative processes that circumvent the previously identified limitations. To achieve this goal, possible optimization goals will be determined based on a literature review. Subsequently, concepts for forming machines will be developed and evaluated. Based on this evaluation, a concept will be selected for detailed examination, design, and manufacturing. You will be able to draw on the support of our mechanical workshop on site and use our machine park for the validation of your design.
What you will do
- Literature and state-of-the-art review on PEM fuel Cells and sheet metal forming processes
- Derivation of requirements and optimization goals for innovative forming processes
- Build-up and rating of design concepts for forming machines and compontents
- CAD-Design, simulation and manufacturing of the chosen concept
- Assembly and validation with a state-of-the-art machine park
What you bring to the table
- You are studying mechanical engineering, Computational Engineering Science (CES) or a comparable subject
- Experience in CAD software (e.g., Solidworks) & FEM Simulation
- Knowledge in Fuel Cell technology or interest in the topic
- A high degree of initiative, independence, and motivation for interdisciplinary teamwork
- Good language skills in German or English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Scientific research on a current and closely industry-related topic
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Kees Egbers M.Sc.
Research assistant „Integrated Production Machinery“
Phone: +49 241 8904-335
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.fraunhofer.de.