Webseite Fraunhofer-Institut für Produktionstechnologie IPT
The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft (www.fraunhofer.com) currently operates 76 institutes and research institutions throughout Germany and is the world’s leading applied research organization. Around 30,000 employees work with an annual research budget of 2.9 billion euros.
In cloud-based manufacturing, many applications are deployed in the different cloud verticals (public and edge cloud and sensor edge) using Docker and Kubernetes. Since each deployed application has different implications in terms of response time, available resources and processing power, it is necessary to strike a balance on certain parameters such as power requirements. To achieve this, the deployed application must be moved to another level. At the Fraunhofer IPT in Aachen, we are focusing on the development of a customized scheduler that can monitor, orchestrate and automatically distribute resources to the available resources in the verticals in order to reduce the energy demand of the overall application.
What you will do
- Identification of different resources and estimation of parameters, such as the energy footprint, for different cloud and virtualization solutions
- Implementation of a monitoring system
- Development of a user-defined scheduler algorithm for Kubernetes
- Implementation and validation of the Kubernetes scheduler with the Orchestrator
What you bring to the table
- You are studying automation technology, electrical engineering, computer science, mechanical engineering or a comparable subject and are interested in technological challenges
- Knowledge of programming with C++/ Python
- You have experience with cloud applications (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker)
- You are familiar with various IoT communication protocols (MQTT, OPC UA, LwM2M).
- A high degree of initiative, independence and team spirit
- Good language skills in German and English
What you can expect
- Ideal conditions for practical experience alongside your studies
- Professional supervision and collaboration in a dedicated team
- A state-of-the-art machine park equipped with edge cloud systems and 5G infrastructure
- Flexible working to combine study and job in the best possible way
Questions according to this position will be answered by:
Praveen Mohanram M.Sc.
Research assistant Production metrology
Phone: +49 241 8904-483
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte s.fhg.de.