PhD Student Motion Control (f/m/d) – Robotics
Webseite abbdeutschland ABB AG
ABB ist ein führendes Technologieunternehmen.
We have an opening for a PhD student at our site in Gilching. You will be working in close collaboration with our ABB R&D team in Gilching and Sweden, as well as the Chair of Applied Mechanics of the TU Munich. As an ABB employed R&D engineer, you will be working on a research interface to allow universities deeper access into our collaborative robot GoFa’s control system. For your PhD studies, you will be given the opportunity to use this access to do public research on novel motion control, condition monitoring and in-field calibration methods for collaborative robots. Your PhD will be supervised by Prof. Rixen from the Chair of Applied Mechanics – TUM. This is a unique opportunity to work on the interface between professional product development and on the edge of research. Join our team nearby Munich in an area that boasts one of the world’s highest quality-of-life indices and shape your future in robotics with us. This position will initially be limited to two years.
- Implement and support a research interface for the ABB collaborative robot family.
- Align requirements for the research interface between universities and the ABB motion control team.
- Research on novel motion control, condition monitoring and in-field calibration methods for collaborative robots.
- Publication of research results and presentation on conferences.
- Supervision of related student theses.
- Outstanding Master’s degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C/C++.
- Knowledge in modelling of complex mechatronic systems in Matlab/Simulink/Modelica or similar.
- Preferably experience in one or more of the following topics: Motion Control, Multi Body Dynamics,
- Signal Processing, Sensor Fusion, Condition Monitoring.
- Fluent command of English, preferably complemented by German language skills
- Excellent communication skills across borders and cultures.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together. Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented induction programme, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently and self-reliantly within your assigned area. Even after the joining phase, ABB offers a wide range of individual career development opportunities and supports you in realising your career goals with targeted training measures. At ABB you will find an attractive working environment in all phases of life – including policies for sabbaticals and home office, the ABB children’s vacation camp and taking care of family members.
Interested in joining our team? We are looking forward to receiving your complete application through our online tool.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com